A portrait that looks like a comic book cover
“It has to be something like a comic book cover”; that was the goal of this new commission, where I had to draw a beautiful child whose nickname is Chaptain Chaos because she loves “putting her room into order”.
This was the process of this new commission:
- Drawing the pencils on paper, A3 format. I was given a couple of photographs as a reference.
- Scanning. Most of the times a good high definition photograph with the mobile is enough to bring the pencils to digital.
- Inking. These are my tools for the digital artwork: Affinity Photo and a Wacom Tablet.
- Colouring. I work with different sets of layers, where I work the different colours of the drawing.
- Lettering. That’s how I call to put there the title with a comic style 3D effect and adding up the lines for the blast effect.
You can click on the pictures to be able to watch them in a bigger size and to change between the different steps on the process.
If you are interested in commissioning a piece of artwork like this, or maybe something completely different, just visit my commissions page here.